In 1976, Gerald Wilcox researched and created several maps depicting West Islip as it developed. Carl Starace, Islip Town Historian, donated copies of these maps to the Library. They have been scanned for us by Ron Ardito, of Ardito Business Machines.
Click the underlined years to view these maps:
Pre-1600 1697 1776 1829 1873 1915 1954 1976
Maps from old atlases and gazetteers help us see how much West Islip has changed through the years:
Beers Atlas of Long Island, 1873 South Country Road, 1888 E. Blecher Hyde, 1896